Today’s post is a bit different than our normal posts. Our blog has been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award and we want to pass it along to some other great bloggers! Jennie from Failure To Thrive No More has nominated us and it we are so excited about it! We can not thank her enough for thinking of us!
When nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, there are rules to follow to accept the award and keep the circle going:
· Thank the blogger that nominated you
· Write a post to show your award
· Give a brief story of how your blog started
· Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
· Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
· Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How Our Blog Began
I worked in early childhood education before becoming a stay at home when our daughter was born. I have been doing daily art projects and learning activities with our little one since she could sit up, so one day, I decided to share them with the world. My husband, affectionately referred to on here as Mr. Not So Crafty, offers his tech support skills, post ideas, help with our affiliate links, and occasionally his crafting and photography skills.
Advice for New Bloggers
Blog about your passion! If you are not deeply passionate about the subjects you choose to theme your blog around, it will show! Writing will not always come easy, but it will be much more enjoyable when you enjoy your subject matter.
Sometimes you just have to wing it! I belong to several wonderful blogging groups that have been a huge help. I have learned a lot from others, but sometimes, I have also learned a lot from just changing things up and seeing what happens! I started out only blogging about children’s activities, but then I decided to branch out a bit into some other topics and do not regret it!
My Nominees for The Blogger Recognition Award
- Kate Kreates. A UK-based abstract/creative photographer who posts about a variety of photography and art related topics.
- Son Shine Kitchen. A boy mom who writes about cooking, baking, organizing, and so many other family based topics! Her recipes always make us hungry just reading them!
- Mommy & Mia Homeschool Chronicles . A blog filled with tips for homeschooling families, recipes, and much more. This blog is great for anyone with children, not just those who homeschool
- Modern Moms Club. A blog that is focused on parenting and life related topics for moms, no matter where they are on their parenting journey.
- Simply Outrageous Youth. A blog that focuses on
teaching children financial and life skills. They have great book lists and activities.
- Jessy Lauren. A blog that shares tons of tips for healthy living.
- Simply Christa Anne. A mom who shares her love for fashion in a budget friendly way!
- Super Mom Hacks. A great collection of really helpful parenting and life hacks.
- Marjie’s Simple World. A unique blog that offers recipes,words of encouragement, and so much more.
- Nifty Thrifty Mom. A mom of three shares tips for saving money, recipes, and much more.
- Mommy Soul Conversations. A mom shares her thoughts about life and encourages others to do the same.
- Cakes Crafts and Kiddos. A blog that features baking ideas, kids activities, printables, and much more!
- The Peach Kitchen. A food blog with some really amazing recipes!
- Mimi’s Dollhouse. A blog full of DIY ideas and great product reviews. They also offer affordable custom printables.
- Quit Calling Me Mom. A brutally honest and really refreshing look at motherhood.